VII International Bulbul Song Contest
June 4 - 8, 2018, Baku
Place of the competition: Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Society
Address: Azerbaijan Republic, Baku 1001, Istiglaliyat street 10
the deadline for applications is 1st of May 2018
Grand Prix $ 10,000
First Prize $ 7,500
II Prize $ 5,000
III Prize $ 3,000
- "Best tenor"
- "For the best performance of works of Azerbaijani composers from Bulbul’s repertoire"
- Three money bonuses to accompanists for the best accompaniment in the contest
CONDITIONS OF CONDUCTING THE COMPETITION
The competition is open to participants between the ages of 18 and 35, inclusive.
The following persons can take part in the competition:
- opera singers, graduates, students of the Secondary and Higher Musical Educational Institutions (for example - the Musical College, the Music College, the Music Academy, the Musical Institute, the choir university, the university with music departments, the Master's program, the Graduate School)
- audition of the videos sent by the participants
- Aria from opera, cantata or oratorio (at the choice of the contestant)
- Aria from the opera (at the choice of the contestant)
- The work of Azerbaijani composers from Bulbul's repertoire, on a choice from the list:
- Uzeyir Hajibeyov, "Sensiz" (verses by Nizami Ganjavi) Uzeyir Hajibeyov, "Sevgili janan" (verses by Nizami Ganjavi) Asaf Zeynalli, "Olkem" (verses of Jafar Jabbarli) Fikret Amirov, "Ulduz" (verses by Mamed Rahim)
- The notes can be downloaded from the contest website.
- Transposition is allowed depending on the participant's voice type. Perform in the Azerbaijani language.
(with a symphony orchestra)
The participant must prepare and send 3 arias (any of the world opera repertoire). 2 arias from the proposed list will be selected by the Jury.
To the attention of the contestants!
Each work can be performed only once. All arias must be in the original language, in the original key and performed by heart.
Replacement of works is allowed until May 1, 2018.
Performances of the contestants on the I and II rounds are accompanied by pianoforte. All works are performed by contestants without repetitions on other tours, necessarily by heart and in the original language.
HOW TO APPLY
To participate in the contest, one must send the following materials:
- Electronic application (fill in on the site) with the following attachments:
- Summary-autobiography with a photo
- Video (links to 2 arias uploaded to You-Tube)
After the qualifying round on the video recordings, all applicants will receive a letter by email, either with confirmation of participation in the contest, or with refusal to participate. Candidates admitted to the I round will receive an invitation from the organizers (by email).
An invitation to participate in the competition entitles you to a visa (for citizens of the CIS countries a visa is not required).
The Organizing Committee provides accompanists.
In case the contestant wishes to take part in the competition with his accompanist, all expenses for his work and stay in Baku are paid by the participant himself.
The Organizing Committee pays for the accommodation in the hotel to contestants during active participation in the competition and provides accompanists without additional payment. Arrival in Baku is at the participant’s own expense.
Distribution of prizes and diplomas for each nominee is carried out by Jury members votes.
The jury has the right, at its discretion:
- award not all prizes, including the "Grand Prix",
- to divide the prizes among the contestants within the limits of the number of prizes (except for the "Grand Prix")
Sessions of the jury are closed, decisions are drawn up by the protocol, are final and are not subject to revision.
Applicants who did not take part in the draw are the last to compete in the competition.
According to the decision of the Jury, the laureates of the competition are obliged to perform in the concluding concert with the orchestra free of charge.
Contestants entitle the Organizing Committee to broadcast the competition on radio and television, produce audio and video recordings with their further distribution without payment of fees to the contest participants, also allow the Organizing Committee to use their photos in the production of promotional products and agree to use their names in connection with the contest. These powers extend to a period of 3 (three) years after the competition. All stages of the competition are covered by mass media accredited in accordance with the established form.
The plan and the rules of the competition are approved by the Organizing Committee and are mandatory for all contestants.
Submission of an application for participation in the competition means a complete and unconditional acceptance of the rules of these conditions.
All force majeure situations are considered by the Organizing Committee individually.
Chairman of the Organizing Committee - Minister of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan Abulfaz Garayev
Director of the contest: Selivanova Anna, Tel: +79295798640, email: email@example.com
Coordinator in the Russian Federation: Nikolay Georgievich Rybinsky (Moscow), TEL: +79031400982, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator in Baku: Asadova Sabina Tel: +994507430862, email: email@example.com